Only Rex Airlines fly commercially into Birdsville from Brisbane on their twice a week ‘milk run’, carrying supplies, mail and passengers.
Other flight charter companies also regularly visit Birdsville as part of organised outback tours. Alternatively, and if you’re a pilot, you can fly yourself and taxi your plane to park right opposite the hotel.
Airlines that regularly fly into Birdsville:
- Air Central West (ex Longreach)
- AirCruising (ex various Australian locations)
- Arid Air (ex Port Augusta, Adelaide, Hawker)
- Bush Pilots
- Kirkhope Aviation (ex Moorabbin)
- Outback Spirit Tours (ex Sydney)
- Regional Express (ex Brisbane, Toowoomba,
Charleville, Quilpie, Windorah and Mt Isa)
- SouthWest Air Service (ex Charleville)
- Travel West (ex Brisbane, Toowoomba, Charleville)
- Wrightsair (ex William Creek)