Points of interest: Birdsville, Racecourse, Big Red, Channel Country of the Diamantina River & Eyre Creek, Goyder Lagoon, Simpson Desert & Sturt Stony Desert.
- Quality high wing aircraft with expert pilot guide.
- Complimentary breakfast and barista coffee at the Birdsville Bakery.
Price: $330* per person (Min 2 people)
* Council Airport Surcharge additional $20 per person during Birdsville Races Week.
Duration: Approx 1 hour 20 min
Birdsville Aviation operate 2 aircraft including a Cessna Grand Caravan which features high wing, air-conditioning, 14 seats and turbine engine reliability. It also operates a Cessna 210 which is a 6 seater, high wing aircraft utilised for smaller parties.
Flight Route Details:
This flight focusses on the beautiful flood plains fed by the Diamantina River, known as the Goyder Lagoon. In a wet year this area comes alive with its thousands of finger-like channels filling for kilometres before the floodwater continues onwards to Lake Eyre. The lagoon and channels attract an array of birdlife and supply an abundance of feed for stock from surrounding cattle stations. The unique contrast of this amazing channel country against the backdrops of the Simpson and Sturt Stony Deserts is a visual feast only able to be enjoyed from the air.
- Birdsville & Big Red
- Coongie Lakes, Innamincka & Cooper Creek Historic Boat Tour
- Lake Eyre & William Creek