Points of interest: Birdsville, Racecourse, Big Red, Simpson Desert & Diamantina River.
- Quality high wing aircraft with expert pilot guide.
- Complimentary barista coffee or hot drink at the Birdsville Bakery.
Price: $175* per person (Min 2 people)
* Council Airport Surcharge additional $20 per person during Birdsville Races Week.
Duration: 25 min
Birdsville Aviation operate 2 aircraft including a Cessna Grand Caravan which features high wing, air-conditioning, 14 seats and turbine engine reliability. It also operates a Cessna 210 which is a 6 seater, high wing aircraft utilised for smaller parties.
Flight Route Details:
This flight gives you a birds-eye view of what Birdsville and our unique outback surrounds has to offer. Departing Birdsville you will get the perspective of the town, famous Racecourse and iconic Birdsville Hotel from the air. From here we will track west over the Diamantina River to one of the biggest and most well known sandunes in the Simpson Desert, Big Red. This is the gateway to the Simpson Desert where keen 4 wheel drive enthusiasts are drawn to put their vehicles to the test. Big Red is also the site of the Big Red Bash which draws crowds of approx. 10,000 people for the annual music festival. On our return to Birdsville we traverse over Adria Downs Station, a mere 2 million acres and home to approximately 16,000 organic cattle.
- Goyder Lagoon Channel Country
- Coongie Lakes, Innamincka & Cooper Creek Historic Boat Tour
- Lake Eyre & William Creek